Thursday, March 27, 2008

Let me take you to In and Out Burger!

Well, I am back in action!

Some of you may have realized that I left my left coast post for a few days and went back east. I had an amazing time seeing so many of the people I miss all the time(much apologies to those I didn’t get to see… I’ll be back in August! And you should visit here too!)

I had to get back to L.A. ASAP because (trumpets) I had my first east coast visitors! My friends Ian and Cynthia were on a little vacation and stayed at the apartment of the stars, aka my apartment. It was thrill to be a host, and I felt very accomplished being able to take them to some choice spots. (Special thanks to their Guidebook that helped us find my new favorite restaurant Fred62 - we’re talking peanut butter banana chocolate chip pancakes and a sandwich named after Charles Bukowski !)

So act now and start booking your visit to the Southland…

Getting back into gear has been a little slow going. There is only 6 weeks now left in my first semester back in school, and then I have to find some gainful employment for the summer. I suspect the next 6 weeks will fly by.

Now that the weather is starting to become perfect on a daily basis, spring training is in full gear, and the Stanley Cup playoffs are a week and half away, it’s time for me to start living it up.

There are a few things I’m still waiting on… 1) Celebrity sightings. I’m kind of shocked I haven’t seen one or two out and about at Starbucks or the gas station or the super market… but I have a large net and harpoon ready!
2) Earthquakes. I’m kind of happy and shocked I haven’t felt one of these yet. Actually, I hadn’t really thought about them until I was on the tram to the parking lot at the airport. This older woman was talking to me, excited that I was from New York. She asked if I had felt an earthquake yet and not to worry, blizzards were much worse. I really don’t see how you can explain a massive shaking of the earth compares to wind and snow and a day off from school. But maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
3) Cockroaches in my apartment – oh wait, scratch that. I guess I’ve been lucky in my life of renting and dorming not to ever run into these disgusting monsters. (There was the spider scare of Twisting house a few years back) but really, find a cockroach is so disturbing. It’s like I know you aren’t alone. I’m not going to go into details on this, but please know – my apartment is very clean, hence my shock, and that tomorrow, the landlady has an exterminator coming in to take care of business. Which is good, because I’ve learned that one of my life goals is to not have to ever deal with this problem again. Gross out!

Okay, talk to you soon!

4 comments:

Behr said...

When are you going to be East in August? I will try to plan accordingly since things will be more calm by then

Anonymous said...

In-N-Out Burger is proof aliens have visited our planet and given us their technology. No mere human on this planet could create something so good on their own.

arianna said...

jeff!

i just watched once and it was as delightful as you said it would be. im dealing with the urge to watch it over and over again.

good luck with those celebs!

LoserTakesAll said...

jeez man. even I got an earthquake... and alaska really brings nothing to the table. let's face it, you picked the wrong drastically far away place to move to.