Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. "

The minutes tick by faster each day. Friday night I finally get to start principle production on this wacky film I'm producing. It's this state of delirium that I'm enjoying so much- The fact that every detail is still up in the air, that so many people seem to be pushing themselves to the brink, and my addiction to Rock Star Energy drinks soars everyday- it's in this chaos that I'm finding peace. After all, it's just a movie! I'm stressed, but not in the typical soul crushing sense. It's more of just a heavy sense of focus. This doesn't bode well for my other class (which I laugh at saying as I forget daily I'm producing for a class, and this isn't a full time job that will pay me any money- and I'm not even working for free, but actually paying a small fortune for this exhausting lifestyle) meanwhile, I'm left to almost no writing time in the week, and no time to stop and watch a movie, or read a book - it's draining to miss these escapes. In the morning, as I drive off to wherever it's I need to be or search for, I think how, I'm going to make that time to read, make that time to write, make that time to just catch up on my instant netflix. But there's plenty of time approaching. Spring Break for instance, maybe I'll finally have a chance to read that copy of Infinite Jest sitting on my shelf, collecting dust and mocking me for not taking advantage of my time during the holidays, when I had nothing filling my days.

Oh well, at least I had time to fill out that annoying Facebook survey that's swept the site. People seem to love it, while I know plenty who judge it as trivial and childish, but we are a generation who needs to take the time to write about ourselves, so everyone we've ever known can TRUELY know us. Where else can you pick up conversations or inside jokes that were last pertinent in 11th grade? We live in strange times. So says everyone who's ever lived.

I recently bought a few more records, the new Springsteen on Vinyl, which was the perfect deal for me, as it came with downloadable versions of all the songs. I can listen to the record and still load it on the ol' ipod, which is less amusing to me now that I can spin my favorite albums in lo-fi (oh yes, I picked up an Alkaline Trio album too). What's even better, next week The Get Up Kids "Something To Write Home About" will be released on vinyl to celebrate the 10th anniversary of such a pivotal album - I can't CAN'T believe it came out 10 years ago- I still feel the charge when songs come on from it, like I felt a decade ago. What's my Age Again (also celebrating 10 years for that song and wow, I suddenly miss Blink 182 and hope that they will make a triumphant come back sometime this year.

Last and not least, has anyone been watching this (what should be the last) season of Scrubs? I've been catching them on the 360 over the weekends, and I do believe this is the best the show has been in 3 seasons at least. It feels fresh, it feels like every line is well thought out, jokes packed in, character's moving forward- the show isn't dying of last gasps, it's more like they are steering to go out in style. After last season I was sure it had turned rotten- It's not just 30 Rock keeping me watching television anymore!

Okay, I'm very tired and have a large list of things to do tomorrow, Thursday, a day away from the first day of shooting.

No comments: