Monday, February 4, 2008

Turns out I do hate the traffic.

An Afternoon Super Bowl.


This year's Super Bowl was my first to be watched in the Pacific Time Zone. Usually I'd watch the game into the night, and go to sleep early, thanks to too many nachos and/or hot wings.

Not this year, I had a whole evening ahead of me to deal with nacho stomach pains.

But really, that was a hell of a game. I like the Giants, and I'm okay with football, I mean for a game played off-ice, it has its moments. But last night's game felt like one of those classic events, destined to be immortalized in NFL films. I wonder if this was what it was like to watch Namath pull off the miracle for the Jets back in SB III? Who knows, it was sensational, to have a NY team be an underdog, not be the evil machine, wasexhilarating . During their last drive, when Manning, somehow, escaped the pocket without being dragged down, and then threw a bullet that by all views looked like it was caught on thereceiver's head... wow! Good stuff.

Actually, I was blessed this weekend with the NHL Center Ice Free Preview! This meant tons of hockey games, all at wacky start times. Clearly, sports are meant to be watched in the East or Central.

Tomorrow marks (date-wise) my one month mark of being in L.A.

Here's some things I've learned:

The traffic certainly sucks. It just takes forever to get to places. (And without music in your car it's extra lame)

Parking is expensive. Everywhere.

The weather in January is confusing. It can be really warm in the day, but gets a little cold at night... I'm still waiting that real so. cal. weather.

Being back at school is strange. Like, shouldn't I be just working with the rest of the sheep by now? It feels like that sometimes.



I'll post something interesting soon.

Or not?

1 comment:

Devin said...

Dude! hire a mariachi band to serenade you while being stuck in traffic... or those awkward moments in life, when a 3 piece Mexican band with giant sombreros would just fit perfectly... Who needs a radio when you could have that?