Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Those Journeys our Cars take Without Us...

Oh, how I've missed my civic!


When I said goodbye to my car on January 2nd in New York, I wondered what it would be like to see it finally arrive in California. Would it feel like the tail end of a musical montage of all the events of the last few weeks? Would my car arrive covered in bumper stickers from all the many places it had seen on it's journey? Or, would I be frustrated it took a week and half longer than expected, and angry to find my ipod ready stereo had been stolen from the dash? Actually, I was ecstatic to see my car, regardless of all the dirt, but definitely pissed off that I now have no stereo. I really don't know how to drive without music. Seriously.

As for other updates, I saw a little of downtown L.A. this weekend in the form of an art gallery. Ooh Culture. This guy Murakami (not the beloved writer), who is well-known for his commercial pop-art had a showing of his life's work in a warehouse. It was located in Little Tokyo, where I also enjoyed some delicious sushi! I also shot another exercise for class. And it rained a whole lot.

Shooting at my new school involves a lot more paperwork then say, Hofstra. Ah Hofstra, where I could make a film simply by saying, "Michael Behr, I'm going to wrap you in Tin Foil." Or simply have Behr-Bot smash Brad over the head with a 2x4, or get a girl to be nude for the sake of art, or to tie another girl to a tree while the Behr Bot gouges out Greg's intestines... All with no paperwork needed. I used to believe that "REQUIRE CHEESE FRIES" was the pinnacle of my film making career. A part of me still thinks it always will be. If you've never seen my artistic opus, you are missing out.

The best part of the week had to be on Saturday, when I peered out onto the patio, and watch the rain splash down on a mysterious brown package. I grabbed the soft, soaked box and tore it open to find my first care package from the immortal Ian Smith. Inside were lots of activities, a photo of the squirrel Nutsmouth, that we found in Boston, and a copy of SpaceGhost: Coast-to-Coast on dvd. From that moment on my day was filled with joy and glee.

Care packages, they really are the greatest thing in the world... (Please note I'm not pandering for care packages.) (maybe a little).

2 comments:

Behr said...

I swear you're writing just to me, sir...

I sure hope that we can remake require cheese fries with a Michael Bay budget one day... I'll voice the CGI Behrbot that destroys Manhattan-town

Ian said...

I want to see REQUIRE CHEESE FRIES!