Friday, May 30, 2008

Sunny

Just checkin' in.

How have you been?

I just wanted to tell you - frozen turkey meatballs from Trader Joes are stupendous. Go by a bag and you will see the deliciousness you can have in mere minutes.
I don't even use sauce or noodles - just a damn fork!

I was going to write a long annoyed blog about disenchantment and the new Indiana Jones movie- but I think we've all had enough of that.

I am happy to say - I caught a free early screening of YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN - and for the first time in years and years I really had fun with an Adam Sandler movie. It's pretty ridiculous and over the top, but it knows it, and uses it.

One and half weeks into my 6 week Documentary class - it's good - though when it's over I'm probably going to be frustrated I didn't score an internship or full time summer job...

I think the song "Your New Twin Size Bed" by Death Cab For Cutie on the Narrow Stairs album is the most depressing thing I've heard in a while and hope it's not played as I am slowly dying locked in room far from everyone I know.

I miss being a teacher now- because this is the best four weeks of the year.

I'm beginning to flip out over the fact that in about 20 days it will be 10 years since my high school reunion... and I'm totally reevaluating who I was then and who I am now, and trying to figure out who is better or was better off. Yipes. I thought I was too old for these whiney existential crisises!

Also, I'm excited for my one day/night get away to San Diego next weekend, and visits from friends - and a Mets game in So. Cal. But I really want to take a trip up to San Fran and go see the Red Woods in July... But I'm not sure if I can $wing it, if you catch my drift.


Also send me your mailing address to jhersh37@gmail.com and I'll send you something in the mail. I'm in the mood to use and abuse the postal system.

No comments: