Monday, June 16, 2008

We Work Hard, But We Play Hard Too

Astonishing!


I went from a summer class and a part time job to a few part time jobs and a summer class...

I'm not even going to mention where my jobs are, because they are too reminiscant of yesterday, rather then any forward momentum...

And that worries me, right? I mean - what if I messed up my whole "potential" career by not slaving in the business this summer? But at least I'm making some small change, and at least I will keep myself busy-

Let's face it - the dream of having time to write sounds good in theory- but writing comes in waves - and idle time inbetween those waves can be disastorous...

So I will be keeping myself busy for the next 6 to 7 weeks.

I plan to continue writing- so I can feel some sort of forward momentum.


-------

I had a few more visitors last weekend - all the way from the great state of New Jersey~ They seemed to have fun, as I certainly did having them visit and take me to San Diego, to watch the Mets lose. Luckily, San Diego was filled with disgruntled Mets fans.


I saw Hulk this week- kind of liked it - I'm beginning to notice a trend in films I like - artsy or character driven pieces and comic book movies. That's about it!


Speaking of which- I have a personal rule with my Netflix (2 at a time plan, if I go more than a month without watching a film, I send it back. That's too much shelf time! The Savages was doomed to be sent back, but I decided to stay up and watch it= good thing, I really enjoyed it...


Last note,


You can't go back - though I feel at times that the best scenario. But it's a trick of the mind. I know this, this is my curse. It always looks best to go back. But it's gone, dude.

All week I've been missing my old path- with sincere thoughts of going back to it after I've done this thing for a little while. I know it's a trick of the mind - right?


Actually, I think after the L.A. experiment ends - I'll go north east and start a band with Phil in New Hampshire.


Who knows?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We DID have fun!!! We miss our West Coast vacation buddy!