Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The '09 sound

The Limelight is still out. For those still checking.


Here we go, Los Angles year 2~

There’s a lot to discuss. I’m thrilled to report that my year ended with a delightful few weeks back on Long Island. I was able to relax, spend time with my family and my good friends. It was like pushing the old reset button on an old Nintendo System. The trip took me from Long Island to Newark, New Jersey, to Ewing, New Jersey to Washington D.C. back to Long Island. If someone were to ask me what was my favorite part, I would probably stand still and blank, I mean how can you choose? There were highlights, such as a night spent in a hot tub, sipping champagne, after a bustling snowstorm. A ton of great nights with my official #1 Friend Danea, who stepped up to avoid waffles the entire trip. I have the t-shirt to prove it. Can’t wait to wear it in San Diego! The Christmas Party, was fancy ass and videographed, which we will watch NEXT Christmas. There was much karaoke with my duet champ Ari and constant reverie in classic fun with Amy and Alan. Not to mention gracious appearances by Ian, the greatest person in the world, Michael Behr! In the flesh. A Jersey getaway hosted by Eric and Eileen, constant hockey games and movie talks with Pete and his (now) fiancé, Melyssa! Christmas joy with Caitlin, and sizzling styln’ with Michael. Another New Year’s Eve with Gina Cutillo. And of course the many other people who made it a perfect vacation from the Left Coast.

But I can’t spend too much time recapping, as this blog is supposed to be about my experiences back here. The blog resolution is to keep it more updated. But it’s hard. As I told Amy, who took the blogspiration and made the best Blog ever (if you are reading this stop and read hers! www.alternativearmywife.wordpress.com) It’s like, why bother, she’s already blown me away blogging. But, this isn’t a competition; it’s a chance to purge my thoughts to a willing audience. Thank you.

So quick favorites of 2008

Favorite films- Dark Knight – By far on of my favorite films of all time, I could go on again on how it pushed the genre to all new boundaries. And as I saw the other critically hyped films, I couldn’t help but think, these are good, but Dark Knight is masterpiece.

Slumdog Millionaire- the real fairy tale feel good about life movie of the year. Not that Benjamin Button crap.

Milk- One of the most truthful feeling bio films I’ve ever seen, it never felt like a “movie”.

Let The Right One In- the real must see vampire movie of the year. Honest, chilling, and truthful about childhood innocence and fears.

Other films I really enjoyed – Hellboy 2, Ironman, Synechode, NY, Revolutionary Road, Wall E and Vicky, Christie, Barcelona.

Favorite Music from 2008

Check my old blogs about my gushing feelings about The Gaslight Anthem, but their new one, ’59 Sound is my favorite of the year.

I also loved the new Coldplay’s Metallica’s Death Magnetic (who knew they could make one like this again?) MGMT, T.I., Ludacris, Death Cab for Cutie Narrow Stairs, and of course Alkaline Trio, Irony and Agony.

Favorite Sport moments of 2008

The Superbowl- come on, besides that it was the Giants, how they won and whom they beat made it the best one I’ve ever seen.

My last game at Shea, Mets came back to beat the Braves, after I climbed up to the upper deck, those orange seats where planes from LaGuardia always clipped my head. That’s how I’ll remember Shea.

Red Wings winning the Stanley Cup – after three years, the NHL has completely rebounded from the lockout, all new stars, and one of the best finals in long memory.

Of the heals of watching the Wings beat the Hawks at Wrigley Field (though this one was in 2009) We can’t forget the first Winter Classic in Buffalo, snow falling, Crosby winning it in a shoot out in OT. The great new New Years Day tradition.

So that’s the wrap up.

I’m moving out of my apartment on Friday, January 9th to my new digs with Greg and Rich in Culver City. Lots of couches. Team Cherry House.

Oh, and I’m producing a film for school.

Keep you posted.

No comments: