Saturday, January 10, 2009

Roomless

I'm in my new house. All my stuff is piled in the living room, and outside on the porch. Unfortunately my lease ended on the apartment a few weeks before the room I'm going to live is actually available. This means an undetermined amount of time living on a futon in the living room.

Luckily, moving here is exciting. Greg and Rich will make for solid roommates as Rich enjoys football, wine and most fun things. Greg has decided to become a beer baron, and will be trying to brew his own beer in the kitchen. Plus, my rarely used xbox 360 has found new life. It's a shame I'm going to be so inundated with work for school to just let go and sit, wrapped in my blue fuzzy blanket, and just watch movies and fight zombies on the 360. Unless I eliminate sleep. I'm not beyond this.

To help bring a new sense of style to the house I impulsively decided I wanted a record player, found an inexpensive one on craiglist and within a day, entered the world of vinyl. The thought came to me as I was listening to some albums I bought this year on Itunes. I was always a fan of album art, especially on my cd's and was pensive thinking how it's a part of music buying is ending. Then I thought about tapes, and records. Records were what album art was really for, those big sleeves created a sense that these songs together create an actual piece of art. Plus, there's just certain bands that feel like they need to be heard on LP. It's just part of that raw sensation that I've never experience in my digital realm. Yep, I thought all this and bought a record player. I don't plan to buy tons of vinyl. Mostly, I'm going to look for select albums I love that I believe would give me a different listening experience and pick up those. Also it allows friends to send me records they find and think I want. Like any Bouncing Souls album.

Tomorrow starts the first 3 days of auditions for the film. I also got to remember in all my producing and running around to go to my screenwriting class on Monday.

1 comment: